Friday, November 02, 2007

Kate's Muse

I am thrilled to announce that I have two releases up on the Aspen Mountain Press homepage

Kate's Muse

Author: Michelle Hasker
Artist: Jinger Heaston

ISBN: 978-1-60168-068-6
Genre: Contemporary erotica
Publisher: Aspen Mountain Press
Publication Date: 11/02/2007
Sexual Content: Erotic

Price: $1.99

“You’re fired, damn it!” Kate shouted at the ceiling, slamming her fists on the desk for emphasis. “You’ve done this to me for the last time. I’ll find myself a new muse and to hell with you!”

Kate Sterling tossed her pen across the room and barely restrained herself from making the laptop take the same flying arc. She wanted to make something smash into the wall, needed to break something. Like her damn muse’s neck.

Pushing away from the desk, she spun around on her chair and glared at the potted palm in the corner. Shame it wasn’t a little taller. Though, she did have nine-foot ceilings… That would be high enough to make her muse dangle from a noose with his body jerking as the rope tightened until he couldn’t breathe any more. Or maybe his neck would snap when she pushed him off the stool.

“Damn, stupid muse. I hope you burn in the deepest pits of hell, your screams echoing in your ears as you burn for eternity, never finding peace from the agony of melting flesh and popping muscles and bones.”

“That’s a mite harsh, isn’t it, Kate?”

Kate shrieked and fell off the chair as she turned to look behind her. The man leaning against the wall looked exactly like her wayward muse. The one she’d just been cursing.

“What have I ever done to you, love?”

“Jesus Christ!” Kate scrambled backward as he leaned forward, his face highlighted in the glare of the light. He was her muse in living, breathing flesh. Impossible!

“No. If I remember correctly, you condemned me to burn in hell with Satan.”

“But you…you can’t be real.”

“I’m as real as you want me to be, love.”

Screaming Orgasm

Author: Michelle Hasker
Artist: Nikita Gordyn

ISBN: 978-1-60168-066-2
Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Aspen Mountain Press
Publication Date: October 2007
Sexual Content: Erotic w BDSM elements

Price: $3.49

“Can I have a Screaming Orgasm, Cody?” Tara leaned against the mahogany counter and glanced around at the growing crowd.

“Sure thing, sweetheart. I get off about two, when do you want to get off?”

Tara choked on her own saliva. She’d set herself up for that one. Cody was a flirt, she knew that. She should be used to his flirtatious banter by now. She recovered quickly as he set the drink in front of her. “If I thought you’d take me up on the offer, handsome, I’d say every hour on the hour.”

“That’s what I love about you, Tara. Your comebacks. I’m going to miss you when you move on.”

“Yeah, well, you know. A rolling stone gathers no moss, or whatever.”

“Sweetheart, you’re no rolling stone.”

“Thanks.” Tara took a deep sip and enjoyed the way the vodka, Bailey’s and Kahlua hit the spot, numbing her, at least temporarily.

“I really do wish you’d let me set you up with someone. Trust me, Hon, a real screaming orgasm would do you wonders.”

“You know why I can’t.” Tara looked away and focused on the jukebox against the far wall. Those memories needed to stay buried. Remembering was too painful. There was nothing she could do about it now, but she could make sure she never hurt another person as she had hurt Chad.

Tara glanced back at Cody as he moved down the bar to serve his customers. He was a pleasure to watch. All hard, toned muscle, tanned skin and blue eyes that either saw right through her, or made her want to melt into an orgasmic puddle at his feet.


Michelle

No comments: