NEW YORK (Reuters) - If the typical stay-at-home mother in the United States were paid for her work as a housekeeper, cook and psychologist among other roles, she would earn $138,095 a year, according to research released on Wednesday.
This reflected a 3 percent raise from last year's $134,121, according to Salary.com Inc, Waltham, Massachusetts-based compensation experts.
The 10 jobs listed as comprising a mother's work were housekeeper, cook, day care center teacher, laundry machine operator, van driver, facilities manager, janitor, computer operator, chief executive officer and psychologist, it said.
The typical mother puts in a 92-hour work week, it said, working 40 hours at base pay and 52 hours overtime.
A mother who holds full-time job outside the home would earn an additional $85,939 for the work she does at home, Salary.com.
Last year she would have earned $85,876 for her at-home work, it said.
Salary.com compiled the online responses of 26,000 stay-at-home mothers and 14,000 mothers who also work outside the home.
So here is my TT :)
Edition # 8 Things I have to do today
1. Watch for trash and recycle trucks and run and grab the empties before they go out onto the main road and get driven into, or the wind takes them down a block.
2. Clean up doggie and bunny doo, feed dog (Piggy that she is) and the bunny and both turtles and the fish.
3. Wash dishes at least 3 times because 7 people make quite a mess.
4. Laundry. I only have to wash for 6 but it means laundry every day.
5. Already got two kids off to school and the others are home today. Which means double the work ;)
6. Write. I have stories contracted that need to be written, plus I am doing a May Nano with the Daughters of Circe.
7. Softball game and a concert. Gonna have to skip the softball game cause hubby is coaching so he'll be there and I'll go to the concert. One of the kids is gonna miss that dance class tonight.
8. Attend my publisher/author chat if I get home in time.
9. feed the family should be obvious, but sometimes I forget...when I'm writing.
10. Research spell casting.
11. keep checking back here to see if anyone commented and go comment on a million other TT and see what the new people I've met over the past few weeks are up to.
12. clean. gotta find time to do that
13. exercise. when you gain weight, you gotta take it back off. Unless you were underweight to begin with, and trust me, I wasn't.
I had to delete as I have more things to do today as well, but no more room :)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants