Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

Taken from: yahoo news
Japan's females are longest living in world

Japanese girls born last year can expect to live until they are 86 years old, which would make them the longest survivors in the world, a report from the country's health ministry showed.

Okay, my first thought?
Imagine how much more writing time I'd have if I was born in Japan!!
My second thought was where the hell do they put all those people?
Then I read this:
Japan also has one of the world's lowest birth-rates, leaving the government with the challenge of how to fund its pension requirements, take care of its elderly and maintain productivity.

Youch!
Guess they will have to work until they reach 75?

My cousin travels to Japan once a year, she loves it there and speaks the language fluently. I must say that I envy her that ability. It'd be so cool to travel to another country and be able to treat it like a home away from home.

Michelle

No comments: